Skip to content
Reading Tips for Parents:
- A love of reading begins at home.
- Your child’s success at reading starts before he/she starts school.
- Good oral language skills help develop good reading skills.
- Talk to your child and let your child talk to you.
- Good readers surround themselves with books.
- Always have a book…in the car…at the dentist…in the restaurant…on the luas
- Repeated reading helps develop fluency.
- Encourage re-reading of books, of chapters, of pages, of paragraphs.
- Parents are powerful in their influence.
- Let your children see YOU reading and enjoying books, magazines, the newspaper.
- Rewards carry messages, give a book as a reward now and then.